How To Update Samsung S5301 Galaxy Pocket Plus Firmware Using Odin Program
It seems that Samsung likes to add more to the Galaxy Pocket series, The both last model S5300 Galaxy pocket and S5302 Galaxy Pocket Duos have A new brother now. The new one is S5301 Galaxy Pocket Plus.
The Galaxy Pocket Plus has ARMv7 Cortex-A9 at 850 MHz CPU speed when the older ones have ARM11 832 MHz CPU, Also S5301 runs Android v4.0 when S5300 and S5302 run Android v2.3.6, So do not try to use Samsung S5300 or S5302 firmwares to update the Galaxy Pocket Plus.
Before You Start:
- Backup any wanted data from your phone, Otherwise you will lost them, So if you need to keep anything saved on your phone do it now.
- Charge your phone's battery to be at least at 90%.
- To perform the update process use only a stable PC, To stay away from trouble.
- Do not connect your phone to any USB HUB, Use only the main USB connector of your PC.
Tools And Files:
- Samsung S5301 Galaxy Pocket Plus Official Firmware Package: After downloading the package extract it to your PC HDD.
- Odin program: Extract this one too, You will use it to perform the update process.
- Samsung S5301 USB Drivers: Install it after downloading, Then reboot your PC.
- Original USB Cable of Samsung S5301 or any suitable one.
Firmware Update Steps:
- Turn off your Galaxy Pocket Plus and take out its battery, SIM card, And MMC card.
- Run Odin.exe program.
- You will notice that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked, Leave them as they are.
- In case you have or need to flash *.PIT file then check Re.Partition option, Otherwise leave it unchecked.
- In the next steps you will select the needed firmware files from the extracted firmware folder.
- Click PIT button and select the S5301 *.pit file (If you checked Re.Partition option).
- Click PDA button to select CODE_S5301xxxxxx_...REV02_...tar.md5
- Click PHONE button to select MODEM_S5301xxxxxx_...REV02_....tar.md5
- Click CSC button to select CSC_Oxx_S5301xxxxxx_...REV02_....tar.md5
- In case you have only one big file inside the firmware package, Then you need to select it as PDA file, And never check Re.Partition option or use *.pit file.
- Put the battery back into your phone, But do not turn it on.
- You should put the phone into Download Mode, Do these steps for that:
Press and Hold Volume Down key + Home key, Then press Power key.
- Connect the phone to your PC using the USB cable.
- If windows starts to install any drivers then wait until it is done.
- Odin program must detect your phone to be able to update it, So look at it and if you see 0:[COMxx] when xx are numbers then it is OK.
- Click on Start button.
- Odin will start installing the new firmware files on your Galaxy Pocket Plus.
- After Odin completes his job, Your phone will be rebooted.
- If you see the word PASS! at Odin's window then the update was done successfully.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your phone.
- When your phone is fully on it is better to do full reset by this code *2767*3855#
- You have to wait one more time for your phone to reboot, Then you can start using it with the new firmware installed.
- Unlock Samsung S5301 Galaxy Pocket Plus Online.